2010-09-10

Abstract of Nirvana Sutra Chapter 32


“I said to Ananda at Kapilavastu: 'Do not be sad, do not cry and whine’. Ananda said: 'Oh, Tathagata World Honored One! Now, all my relatives are dead. How can I not whine? The Tathagata was born in this castle-town together with me, and we are all belonging to the Shakya Clan. How is it that only the Tathagata is not sad, nor worried, but shows a shiny visage?’

I then said, 'Oh, Ananda! You think that Kapilavastu actually exists, whereas I see that everything is empty, silent and that there is nothing that exists. You see all the Shakyas as your relatives. But I see absolutely nothing in them, because I practice the All-Void. That is why you feel sadness and pain, and I seem even brighter. As all Buddhas and Bodhisattvas practice the Samadhi of the All-Void, they do not show any sadness or worry’."

Read more in Nirvana Sutra, Chapter 32, on the Bodhisattva Highly-Virtuous King 6.


abstract of nirvana sutra chapter 32.mp3

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário