2010-10-04

The Mind That is not Retrogressive


"What is the mind that is not retrogressive? Again, a man hears that the Buddha actually leads beings across the sea of birth, old age, illness, and death. He does not ask of a teacher to be taught and gains the unsurpassed Bodhi spontaneously practicing the Way. (And thinks:) 'If the Bodhi is something we can indeed gain, I shall assuredly practice the Way and unfailingly attain it'. Thinking thus, he aspires to Bodhi and transfers all [the merits] that he has amassed, be it great or small, to unsurpassed Bodhi. He takes this vow: 'I pray that I shall draw near to all Buddhas and Buddhist disciples, listen to sermons, so that the five sense organs are all perfect, and this mind will not get lost even if I encounter hardships. Also, I pray, oh all Buddhas and disciples, that I shall always have a gladdened mind and be perfect in the five good deeds. If all beings slash my body, hands and feet, head and eyes, and other parts, I shall gain a feeling of Great Loving- Kindness towards all and feel happy. All such persons will contribute to the growth of my own Bodhi. If not, how could I accomplish the unsurpassed Bodhi’?"

Nirvana Sutra, Chapter 34, on Bodhisattva Lion's Roar 2.


the mind that is not retrogressive.mp3

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário