2011-07-05

The Virtues of Vasistha

Then Kaundinya went to the Buddha and said, "Oh World Honored One! The bhiksu Vasistha repents and says: ‘I was an obstinate fool, I touched the body of the Tathagata and now I am one of his group [followers]. I cannot have this viperous body of mine for a long time in the world’. He now wishes to make away with this body, came to me and repent."

The Buddha said: "Oh Kaundinya! Vasistha has long amassed virtues at the places of innumerable Buddhas. Having now been taught by me, he is abiding rightly in the Way. Abiding rightly in the Way, he has arrived at the right fruition. You should make offerings to his carnal body."

Kaundinya, so instructed by the Buddha, went to where the person lived and made offerings. Then, Vasistha, on the occasion of his cremation, performed many divine miracles. All the tirthikas saw this and said aloud: "This Vasistha has acquired sorcery at place of Shramana Gautama."

Read More on the Nirvana Sutra, Chapter 45 - On Bodhisattva Kaundinya 1.

the virtues of vasistha.mp3

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário