2011-08-30

The Real and Deep Intention of the Buddha

"Shariputra, everyone should understand that what the Buddha says in his words, is not at all vain or false. Shariputra, all the Buddhas preach the Dharma in accordance with what is appropriate, but its intention is difficult to understand." - Lotus Sutra, Chapter 02: Expedient Devices.

"I also manifested myself in Jambudvipa as a great rich man. This was to cause countless people to be blessed with peace and abide in the Wonderful Dharma. Furthermore, I became a king, minister, prince or prime minister. Amidst such positions, I became the first in all cases. In order to practice the Wonderful Dharma, I became a king. Also, there was a time in Jambudvipa when many epidemics arose and many people suffered. First, I gave them the medicine and later spoke them about the Wonderful Dharma, and made them attain unsurpassed Enlightenment. So, all said that time was an era of illness. Also, there was a time in Jambudvipa when a famine broke out. I gave to the people the food they needed, I spoke about All-Wonderful Dharma and led them to the unsurpassed Enlightenment. Also, for people with thoughts inclined to 'is', I spoke about the non-eternal; for those with thoughts inclined to pleasure, I spoke about the suffering. For those who cling to self, selflessness is exposed. For those who cling to the purity, the impurity is exposed. For those who cling to the three worlds, the Dharma is exposed, to make them renounce the world. To pass beings to the other shore, the Wonderful medicine of Dharma is prescribed. In order to fell the trees of illusion, those (trees) of unsurpassed medicine of Dharma are planted. To save all Tirthikas [deluded beings, non-Buddhists], the Wonderful Dharma is exposed. Although I act as a teacher to beings, no thought of (being) a teacher to all beings lies in me. Since I intend rescue all those of lower social strata, I gain life amongst them and talk about the Dharma. And no evil act will react (in the form of evil karma) in me."

Read More on the Nirvana Sutra, Chapter 7 - On the Four Aspects.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário