2011-08-29

Steps to Peace and Happiness of Beings

“This body of mine is the Dharma-Body. Following the ways of the world, I manifest myself in a motherly womb. Oh, good man! In this Jambudvipa, in the gardens of Lumbini, I manifested as born from the womb of Mother Maya. After birth, I took seven steps to the east and proclaimed: 'I am the most Honored and Supreme among all humans, devas and asuras’. My parents, humans and devas, witnessing this, were joyful beyond words and wonderstruck. All those people said that I was a child. But, there are innumerable kalpas past, I had segregated myself from any such things. A body such as this is the Dharma-Body, and not one born of flesh, blood, sinews, bones and marrow. Following the ways of the world, I appeared as a child. I took seven steps to the south and proclaimed that I would become the Supreme Field of Weal for the sake of countless beings. Taking seven steps to the west, I indicated that life was now ended (extinct), that I would part from old age and death, and that this was the last of my bodies. Taking seven steps to the north, I manifested that I would cross all the seas of birth and death of all existences. Taking seven steps to the east, I revealed that I would become the guide for all beings. Taking seven steps to the four corners, I revealed that I would cut off the roots of various illusions and natures of the four Maras (evil), becoming the Tathagata, the Alms-deserving, the All-Enlightened One. Taking seven steps to heaven, I proclaimed that I would never be tainted by impurities. Taking seven steps downward, I proclaimed that the rain of Dharma would extinguish the fires of hell, such that the beings born there would be blessed with peace and happiness.”

Read More on the Nirvana Sutra, Chapter 7 - On the Four Aspects.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário