2010-11-16

How to Practice Wisdom


"How does one practice Wisdom? Someone who practices wisdom and think: 'If I practice such Wisdom, I shall attain Emancipation and save those in the three unfortunate realms. Who is that indeed benefits all beings, crossing them to the other shore beyond birth and death? It's difficult [to be present when] the Buddha appears in the world. It is an event as rare as coming across the flowering of the Udumbara. I shall now thoroughly cut away the bonds of all defilements. I shall gain the fruition of Emancipation. On this account, I shall now learn to practice Wisdom, I shall burst the bonds of defilements, and attain Emancipation'. Any person who practices the Way thus, is not someone who practices Wisdom.

How does a person truly practice Wisdom? The wise person meditates on the sorrows of birth, old age and death. All beings are overshadowed by ignorance and do not know how to practice the unsurpassed Right Path. He prays: "I pray that my body will suffer great sorrows in lieu of all beings. Let all the poverty, degradation, thoughts of precept’s transgression, all the actions of greed, anger and ignorance of all beings gather over me. I pray that all beings will not acquire a mind of greed, and will not be bound up in body-and-mind. I pray that all beings will soon cross the sea of birth and death, so that I need not face them and feel sorrow. I pray for everyone to attain unsurpassed Enlightenment." When a person practices the Way thus, it sees no Wisdom, no form of Wisdom, nor any who practices Wisdom, and nor the fruition to be achieved. This is practicing Wisdom.

Oh, good man! Someone who thereby practices Shila, Samadhi and Wisdom is a Bodhisattva; one who cannot thereby practice Shila, Samadhi and Wisdom is a Sravaka."

Nirvana Sutra, Chapter 35, on Bodhisattva Lion's Roar 3.


how to practice wisdom.mp3

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário