2010-11-23

The Kapilavastu Castle History


“Oh, good man! I recall, after countless years, a castle town called Kapilavastu. At that castle, there lived a king named Suddhodana. His consort was called Maya. They had a prince, who was named Siddhartha. The Prince, at that time, took no teachers. He sought the Way for himself, and attained the unsurpassed Bodhi. He had two disciples, Shariputra and Mahamaudgalyayana. The disciple who attended the Prince was called Ananda. At that time, under the sal trees, he delivered the sermon of the Great Nirvana Sutra. At that time, I was one of the congregants and was able to testify that sermon. There, I was told that all beings possess the Buddha Nature. Upon hearing this, I was unmoved in Bodhi. Then, I took a vow: ‘If I attain Buddhahood in the days ahead, it will be as now. I'll be a teacher for my father, my mother, and for the nation, the names of disciples and attendants will be the same, just as things stand with the present World-Honored One. Nothing will be different’. That's why I'm here now, and am delivering this sermon of the Great Nirvana Sutra.”

Nirvana Sutra, Chapter 36, on Bodhisattva Lion's Roar 4.


the kapilavastu castle history.mp3

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário